THE K MAN GOTS MOVES


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
June 14th 2009
Published: June 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Waking up looking outside I see a fat man slightly balding looking back at me. After several obscure and slight obscene jesters I come to the depressing realization that the fat bloke in the window is actually me in a mirror!!!!! Motivation session over, I am pumped and ready to run our daily walk to Manly. Fortunately Kimmy agrees to do the run with me so I am not lonely while trying to shed a few of the holiday pounds.
We make the run and manage to pick up the last of our 35 mm photos we will ever have developed (slightly sad).

Our main task for the day remains to make a pack lunch for our trip to the BLUE MOUNTAINS (AUSSIES say BLUEYS).

We pick up basics at the large corporate monster store in Manly, but feel justified because we buy our mains of chicken, ham and bacon from RICHARD's, the local butcher. We later head for the local beer store where I buy a surprise for Kramer/tribute to Kevin. (Steve's Joy says it all) FOR YOU KEV!
We met Steve and Maja in the city and head off with no adventures and everyone is happy with our packed lunch.

Cottage is great, nice beds, fireplace, and space. Manage to sneak Steve's surprise into the fridge, as predicted he is a happy man.

The night descends into chaos! Kim and Steve ditch Maja and I to bust a dance move in front of the fire. I could be offended, except their dancing is terrible! (I am judging them with LOVE)
Saturday was relaxing and eating although not everyone's meals sat well (possibly Friday's adventurous night catching up with us 30-somethings). After naps, tums and tylenol everyone was back to normal and the night was fun.

LATE CHECK OUT AUTHORISED
We sleep in and go to the local Breakfast/lunch place for food before our unplanned walk to places unknown.
We’re off into the mountain / Leura cascades with some light rain. The cascades are lovely and the walk fairly easy. We get almost to the midpoint when the skies fully open up for some real rain, which happens exactly as our tree cover ends. A hefty paced walk and we find a place to shelter and get some bad coffee.
The rain breaks and we head back on our trail, that is now slightly muddier. It was an uneventful drive home and relaxing evening.

It was an excellent break, I think the 5 years of London pollution is slowly being blown out of our systems in the fresh air here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.638s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb