Sydney - DAY FOUR Blue Mountains Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
August 8th 2008
Published: August 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Amy and Karen Amy and Karen Amy and Karen

Sleeping on the bus on the way to the Blue Mountains!

8th August - Poor Karen!! 😞



Another early morning (they don't even phase us anymore) we met Karen in the toilets before heading out to the pick up point for the day tour. Karen looked exhausted - last night while me, Amy and Eli were at the hostel bar she had been in an Irish Pub down the road and two guys had joined her and her mates and offered to take a photo of them - while the photo was being taken the other guy put his jacket over Karen's bag and stole her purse and her camera from right under her nose, her bag was on the table in front of her! She lost all her photos from her trip. I felt soo sad for her. Not a great start to the day.

We got picked up by 'The Happy Coach' with our happy tour guide, Shane. He was absolutely barking mad. We had been told to buy ear plugs for the journey to the mountains in case we got Shane - he did talk A LOT! ...He had long hair and glasses and looked like the sort of person you imagine a star trek
Lucy and AmyLucy and AmyLucy and Amy

Being blown to bits at the lookout point at the Blue Mountains
fan to look like....a bit nerdy!!

Our first stop was to see kangaroos in the wild. We've seen quite a few now but it was still good. Our next stop was the lookout point for the Blue Mountains - so called 'blue' because the eucalyptus oil from the trees evaporates in the sun and gives the air above the mountains a blue tinge. This view point was awesome! Shane is a local guy who grew up in the Blue Mountains so he took us where the other tour guides don't go and it was a great spot.

We drove closer to the mountains for lunch (chicken pie and salad), and then we did a rainforest walk - downhill phew - which gave views of the Three Sisters as you make your way down.

We got the 'World's Steepest Train' back up the mountain - it was scary but only took 2 minutes so I was ok 😊

On the way back to Sydney we stopped off at the Sydney Olympic Stadium - didnt mean much to me and Amy just stayed on the bus as it was pretty cold today!

Cheap meals (and drinks) at Side Bar for dinner.

Lucy x



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Trying on Funky Hats....Trying on Funky Hats....
Trying on Funky Hats....

...in the Gift Shop!


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb