G'day!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
October 13th 2005
Published: October 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone!

Well, if you haven't guessed already, we have made our way to Sydney, Australia. And believe it or not, we have landed ourselves in the middle of the strip clubs and hookers again! Not sure how it always works out that way, but it's nothing compared to the red light district in amsterdam, so that's a plus. It's actually sort of funny. We are staying in a place called King's Cross, a part of Sydney. This is basically the only place you'll find hookers and the most concentrated area of strip clubs in the city, but it is also the cheapest, so we opted to stay in this area. But it's really not bad and actually very safe and pretty funny. There are "ladies of the night" and morning and afternoon. There is really only one strip of strip joints, so it's not like we're entirely surrounded by sin. But it is real close to the opera house and darling harbor, a very lovely area of Sydney, so that is nice as well. The hostel we are staying at is real fun and has a travel center next door, so that makes planning quite simple.

Since we have been here we have been doing a lot of planning, trying to work out our stay in Australia. We also went to the IMAX and Aquarium which was pretty cool. Tonight Justin is taking me on a date to see a symphony at the Opera House...ohhh how romantic 😉 Then tomorrow we plan to go see some of the great beaches around Sydney and on Sat. we are off to Cairns, where our travelling adventures begin. Our rough itinerary is to go on a 2-3 day dive trip on the Great Barrier Reef, stay a few nights on Magnetic Island, sail the Whitsunday Islands, do a 4wd through Fraser Island, check out Brisbane and Byron Bay and a few other towns along the East coast and maybe a few other fun excursions and then either fly or bus it down to Melbourne where we'll spend a few weeks and hopefully meet up with some of my friends from when I studied abroad in Melbourne.

Then we are meeting up with my parents and sister in New Zealand, which we are very excited to do!

We're really enjoying Australia, the Australians and all of their slang words, it's pretty funny. As I was sitting here typing this blog, some street lady with a shirt wrapped around her head came into the internet cafe and said, "Love, do you have 2 dollars you can spare for a McDonalds coffee??" What are you supposed to say to that!

Anyways, Justin is just adding a few more pictures from Cape Town, our shark dive and a few others to the blog, so go have a look!

Hope all is well, make sure you write and let us know what you are up to...we love hearing from everyone!!

Take Care,
Beth and Justin

Advertisement



13th October 2005

HEY!!
Hi Beth and Justin!! i love reading your stuff and living vicariously through you. it's so great. kelsey and i are here, in minneapolis, she's at fairview southdale on OB, i'm working on a cardiac floor at the U of M med center (way overwhemling, but it gets better everyday). Procrastinating on taking this test that's due TODAY (like usual)!! i'm glad to hear your trip's been a success (mostly). can't wait to hear more stories. heart, char
14th October 2005

Wow
Glad to hear you made it to your next destination o.k. I saw the shark DVD you sent Mom and Dad, what is that brown stuff coming out of your wetsuit when the shark hit the cage??? It looked awesome and fun! I can't wait to see bungee jumping pictures. Baby is doing good, kicking like crazy. I'll send you pictures soon!
17th October 2005

G'DAY !!!!
Hi Beth and Justin: It was sooo good to talk to you two last night. Wonderful to be back in Cairnes. It's brings back a ton of memories from our trip three years ago. I'm so jealous of your dive trip...I hope you see wonderful things and dive with those lovely sharks swimming about the boat. Thanks so much for putting together all the info on New Zealand. Sounds like a fabulous time. We're still researching tickets to join you early Dec.! You are a magnificent tour guide my babe-one good adventure after the next-take it all in while you can and stay safe. Talk to you after your dive trip. ENJOY!!!!Mommmmmmmy
24th October 2005

Great Barrier Reef
Congrats on the night dives. You can write about the GBR, but until one experiences it, they will never fully capture the beauty. It is one of the worlds wonders. Glad you chose the high road pciking dive boats. Still working through the NZ trip. Hope we can take a day or two and dive of NZ. Jim

Tot: 0.273s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb