batemans bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Batemans Bay
January 25th 2014
Published: January 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So here we are in beautiful Batemans bay!!!!

Batemans Bay is a town in the South Coast region of the state of New South Wales. The town is located adjacent to the princes highway about 280 k's from Sydney and 760 k's from Melbourne. It has a population of 11,334 and is the closest seaside town to Canberra, making Batemans Bay a popular holiday destination for the residents of the ACT.

Loved this place, we stayed here for 2 nights, would have stayed more but it cost a packet but well worth it. Lots of going out in the boat, but alas still no fish caught by the boys, its lucky were not relying on them for food. would deffinately go back, and we managed to catch up with Tina and Keith again, before they headed off to Eden and we went on our merry way to Jervis Bay. On our way to Jervis bay we went for a hike unto to the Pigeon House Mountain, which is only 2.5k's but all up hill, it was slow going for me but i made it!!!!

So we then arrived at our caravan park in Jervis bay called myola Caravan park which is based on the back of the beach, and very nice it was too, out first day here we took a walk around the harbour and had lunch out (the most expensive fish and chips we've had). More boating, fishing and swimming was done by all and then dinner out at the pub in Huskisson by the ocean, which was great was the caravan park had a ferry to get us there so no driving for either of us and a few beers and wines were consumed!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb