Canberra!


Advertisement
Published: January 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

on the way to Canberraon the way to Canberraon the way to Canberra

Me getting arty!
Well what can i say about Canberra????

Canberra is the capital city of Australia with a population of 367,000, it is Australias largest inland city and the eighth largest city overall. The city is located at the northern end of the australian Capital Territory (ACT), 280km south-west of Sydney, and 660km north-east of Melbourne. A resident of canberra is known as a Canberran.

The site of canberra was selected for the location of the nations capital in 1908 as a compromise between rivals Sydney and Melbourne, Australi's two largest cities. It is unusual among australian cities', being an entirely planned city outside of any state, similar to the American federal district of Columbia.

As the seat of the government of Australia, Canberra is the site of Parliament House, High Court and numerous government departments and agencies. It is also the location of many social and cultural institutions of national significance, such as the Australian War Memorial, Australian National University, Australian institute of sport, National Gallery, National Meuseum and the National library. The Australian Army's officer corps are trained at the Royal Military College, Duntroon and the Australian Defence Force Academy is located in the capital.

So we went there, done that, a huge city with not a lot of people in it, amazing infrastructure but no body to use it. We stayed at a national park called Cotter's Damn national Park, a cheap place to stay so that we could catch up with Doug, Maisie and the kids. Ben has to go back to Canberra to sit his bike learners, as it wasn't as easy to get as the boys initially thought. So they will return at the end of feb whilst Amy and myself kick back with Lee and Dino in Brisbane, where we will do all the theme parks and have some girlie time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb