Ballina


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Ballina
February 9th 2012
Published: February 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The drive from Tenterfi was just beautiful but the road was a little rough but the scenery made up for it. Checked into the Bellina Headland Caravan Park (very nice park - one of the best we have stayed in) $32 pn but disc for Top Tourist member. Lennox Heads is just down the road and the scenery over the ocean is just amazing. Lennox Heads is very touristy but a lovely little town with amazing views over the ocean where they do a lot of surfing.

Friday 10th Feb

Drove down to Evans Heads as were told it was a great place to stay and it looked very popular, the caravan park on the river/ocean was quite full. Great view from the lookout.

Saturday 11th Feb

Went for a drive to Bangalow (this place has a lot of cafe's and quaint shops and was very busy) to check out the farmers market but it was raining when we arrived and the market were very poor so back in the car and we headed to Byron Bay - on the way the sun came out and the drive was just beautiful - Byron Bay was very busy with lots of overseas tourist, surfers and backpackers etc - then drove up to the Light House Lookout which was spectacular, 180 degree views over the ocean and the cliff face and saw lots of dolphins and sting rays in the lovely blue ocean from the top of the lookout. John's cousin Joan came to visit us and we did a tour around Lennox Heads and Ballina. The view over Lennox Heads and the surf beach from the foot of the lookout were also amazing. The beaches around here are just amazing - lovely white sand but mostly for surfing as the waves are too big for us. We just paddle and go for long walks along the beaches. Bellina is one of the best places we have stayed at. Had to stay a few extra days as had to have some repairs and a service on the gas for our car. We could not have picked a better place to stay for a little longer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb