Slow trip Toowoomba to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Armidale
February 5th 2014
Published: February 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today being our first day in Tamworth, we decided to get out and about and check out a couple of places that were recommended.

First up we headed to Chaffey Dam and the camp area as it was highly recommended for a future stop over for a few days. Although it's very dry in the area, the dam and the camp area still looks great and we will add this site to our increasing log of places to re-visit and stay a while. The dam camp area is an honesty system with the suggested rate of $5 per day per vehicle. The facilities are small, but clean and there are showers. A bonus.

We then headed for the west side of the dam and the welcome surprise of a massive very healthy Blackberry outcrop crowing wild. We decided to have an impromptu feast and I must say they were delicious. YUM. See photos.

We then headed back to Tamworth via a back road so that we came in the Southern End and visited the giant Golden Guitar, the country music museum plus the Don Bradman Museum. Not sure what the connection is, but both were great.

Tomorrow we are going to visit a friend and former work colleague of Lyn's and maybe take in a movie as they say the temperature will again be heading into the low 30's C.

Happy reading and viewing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



6th February 2014

Love following your trip - fantastic photos. Cheers .....

Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 25; qc: 102; dbt: 0.1797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb