OzIntro & Albury Wodonga part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Albury
February 21st 2008
Published: February 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Will try and update some more now - only get a short time free at the library.

The Friday I was speaking about, everyone joined us back in the Palace.

Was thinking of going into Sydney but they opened a middle level in the Palace which we had not seen before and it was a type of night club. It got heaving and all our lot, and Alison, were dancing their socks off. Not really my cup of tea - they all called me an old man. I kept going to the bottom level for drinks as it was a couple of dollars cheaper!!!

About two o'clock, me and Alison went down for another drink and a sit down but when we tried to go back up they had stopped anyone else going back in.

we walked back to the hostel and I called for a chicken kebab and rang home. Got back in the hostel and finished the kebab in the communal tv area watching Tottenham against someone - cant remember who!

Saturday was a day to our selves until we were due to meet at 8pm for a bar crawl. I got up and had a splash about in the sea - massively powerful waves though - knocked me all over the beach but cleared my head. We then went for some breakfast and caught the bus into Circular Quay, Sydney. Had a little walk around the Quay then headed towards the rocks where the famous Rocks market was. Busy little place under the harbour bridge but we didnt end up buying anything.

It then started to hammer down but we had coats and brollys so headed into the city. Called into a few different shops and found a big rugby shop where I went in 2000. No cheap shirts or anything really though so walked on. Headed towards the Paddy's markets again as Alison wanted another walk round. She ended up buying more fake hair (not sure why she doesn't just grow her own but when have men ever understood women?).

We had some lunch in the Chinese food hall again - both had big bowls of noodle soup. We were then getting a little tired so decided to head back to Circular Quay on the train from Sydney Central station. When we got there looked for a bar that is supposedly made of ice (stools, glasses & everything) but when we found it it was about 15 quid just to get in. Decided to have a few beers in the opera house bar instead.

The sun had come out at this point so had 2 or 3 with sun on our faces and opera house and harbour bridge in our sights!

Of course we then had to get back as it was nearly 4 o'clock and we were going out at 8 so Alison needed FOUR HOURS to get ready!!! She had already seen the f'ing bridge, she doesn't need to f'ing see it any more. She's only got f'ing 4 hours to get ready and she's got to get this f'ing fake hair in. If I make her late I'm f'ing done with her!!!!

We caught the bus soon after.

When we got back to Coogee I decided to leave her to get ready herself so Alison went back to the hostel to paint her face and clip in her hair and I went into the Coogee Bay Hotel beer garden for a few Schooners of Carlton New on my own. Ended up having about 8 in an hour and stumbled back. All the girls were in front of the mirror so I had a quick shower and change and we were both ready. Went for a quick McDonalds and headed to the Palace to start our crawl. Everyone commented on Alison's hair which she was very impressed with - they were likening her to Jesicca Simpson!!

I will have to update further about the crawl another time now though - times run out. Stay tuned for the next installment!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb