The rest of Oz Intro and Albury Wodonga


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Albury
February 12th 2008
Published: February 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The last blog I left was last Tuesday so we have had a week of things to update you on.

On the Tuesday night following surfing me and Alison went to a local pizzaria for tea. We shared a pizza between us which was nice and then headed over to the sports bar to meet the rest of the group. Everyone had some sort of sunburn from the surf trip either arms, feet or face.

We had a good night where all of the group got to know each other before Matt got thrown out by the bouncers for having one too many!!

On the Wednesday OzIntro re-arranged the jet boating trip for us so we were up bright and early for that.

First of all though we met in the office to receive our bank accounts and bank cards.

We walked through the botanical gardens again which was much nicer this time and got some good shots of the opera house and harbour bridge especially from Mrs Maquire's point or whatever its called.

The jet boating set off from Circular Quay and lasted about 20 minutes. This was a good laugh and everyone got a soaking at some point. Got to see all of the harbour and surroundings and had a laugh in the process. We then headed off to travellers at work and Geoffrey Nathan which are two employment agency things who can help when finding work.

We then scooted off to Darling Harbour for some lunch at Pontoons. It was a $10 lunch which was nice at the side of the harbour.

We then headed over to the aquarium which was good. We saw the seals being fed and walked through the shark tank. We also saw a massive salt water crocodile which was just eyeing us all up!!!!

We then had to nip to medicare to sort out our medical cover.

We went out for a few beers in Coogee again when we got back. It only took Ali 2 drinks before she was falling asleep at the table and wanted to go. I walked her back then went for a beef and chilli pie!

On Thursday we had an 11 o'clock start for a trip to Bondi. We had some breakfast and did some washing then got back onto the bus.

The sun was out when we arrived at Bondi so we headed to the beach. It was then overcast for most of the day. The girls sunbathed and shopped why the boys dove around the massive waves in the sea. Alison joined us for a bit but kept getting bowled over by the waves!!

We then had a game of tick and pass rugby on the beach. My team beat Alison's team of course!!

We then washed off the sand and prepared for a planned walk from Bondi to Coogee (about 5km - takes about an hour). Both Oz Intro groups should have walked back but some people decided to get the bus back.

We walked over and round the cliffs and saw some nice little secluded beaches. Close to Coogee we stopped off for a BBQ that the OzIntro guys had been preparing. Had the usual burgers and sausages etc. The plan then was to have a game of volleyball and rugby before walking the last leg.

By this point however the rain was heavier than ever so we all caught the bus back to Coogee. The rain had calmed down by then so I grabbed a few Tooheys and sat on the steps of the beach why Alison went back for a nap.

Later on we had a travel talk at the OzIntro office. This was done by Dan who advised on the interesting places to go in Oz, which companies do the best trips and where to find seasonal work. We then went for tea again to Fivos and over to the palace later for more beers.

The majority of people headed back to the hostel early as we had an early start the day after.

2 of the lads Matt and Dave entered a poker comp but didn't win!!

On the Friday it was the Blue Mountains day trip. We were up and out for 7.30 am. Our guide was an old aussie falla called Bill. The drive was a long one but he kept us entertained on the way with a brief history of Oz and the blue mountains.

As the weather hadn't been great he asked us if we wanted to call of at Feandale wildlife reserve for an extra $10. We all agreed and went into the reserve. It was a very hands on place with all of the animals running around your feet. We all got to stroke a Koala and stroke and feed some kangaroos. We all got good pics to take home and show.

Following this we continued up to Wentworth where we got out for a bit of a trek. Bill was ace and shown us lots of things along the way before we finished at a point where you could see a massive waterfall and loads of the blue mountains. Another great photo opportunity for the group.

We trekked further on to another viewing point where we could see another massive waterfall - another amazing view!

We then called off for lunch, pasta and sandwiches.

The next place we went (Toombaraumba or something) was another trek with great views finishing off at the foot of the steepest railway in the world. We rode this backwards to the top which was an unbelievable experience - got a good film of this.

We then had a long 3 hour trip back to the hostel (should have bee 2 but we had to pick a couple of people up whos trip had been delayed by floods). Most people slept worn out with all of the walking.

When we got back to Coogee, everyone got thereselves ready for the night out. At the palace there was a charity do on with loads of famous rugby players. I thought it was ace but no one else knew who they were. Wendell Sailor was there along with Canterbury Bulldogs players including Sonny Bill Williams and Willie Tonga.

We called off for some Chicken then went back to the palace where everyone joined us later.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb