By the Bucket Load


Advertisement
Published: November 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 1095

Days to Citizenship Application 5

We drove out of the underground Car park this morning, and exactly 3 years ago today, we had left the UK and not in our wildest dreams would we have thought we would be living in Canberra, the Capital City of Australia.

The weather to day was a sunny 27 Degree’s and we were off to work, we were talking about it on our Drive in and Caroline thought we would be living in Brisbane and going to work on the “Kitty Kat” well the City Cat, which is a high speed ferry in to the CBD (Central Business District)

Has it been what we were looking for, well I honestly don’t think we even knew what we were looking for, but just needed an adventure, so have we had one of those, well by the bucket load really.

You will see that we still have 5 days to go on “My citizenship application is on Saturday the 12Th November, this is the day when we landed in Australia after having 5 days in Singapore,” to get ourselves together before the next leg to Australia.

Caroline’s citizenship is 2 ½ weeks behind mine 29th November as Caroline left the country and went back to the UK, which gets added to the original entry date.

Looking at our new life in the Southern Hemisphere, has it been worth it, well I would not change it for the world, and do we like Australia, you bet, “we love it”

looking back at Blog day 1, 7th November 2008,

We went to bed last night at 11.00 still busy until the last minute, despite all of our planning. What seemed like 5 minutes later Andy was calling me to wake up as it was 4.00am (you have to be kidding me??). So Andy dutifully made me a cup of tea while I eased myself into the morning..... but I could not take my time with that as the taxi was due at 5.00. So a few last minute changes in our packing we were ready, the taxi arrived and bang on time we pulled out of the driveway at Pauncefoot House at 5.00 leaving the rest of the household in peace (we hoped that we did not make too much noise).

As we pulled out of the driveway, A friend of ours, DJ, pulled in as he was on his way to work (Yes... some people apparently do start work very early), he just wanted to bid us a final farewell before we headed off to the airport.

It was a dark and wet morning, the Autumn leaves were lying wet on the roads as we headed up through Winchester and onto the M3 (which is probably about where I stopped blubbing!)... the journey seemed long and quiet - I was tempted to ask the taxi driver to put the radio on, but I didn't.

This is a significant day in our lives, it can not be under estimated what we have achieved, we are so thank for everyone who has contributed to us in our life “Down Under”, We are Blessed.


Advertisement



7th November 2011

Congratulations to soon-to-be Australia's newest citizens!
Hi Andy & Caroline, In case I forget closer to the time, warmest congratulations on becoming Australians - and what a journey you've taken over the last 3 years! The UK's loss is definitely Australia's gain. May life take you on may more wonderful adventures in the future :-) Jo

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb