A2 RIHLA #12


Advertisement
North America
December 10th 2012
Published: December 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. If I hear news of the outbreak, my reaction would be to fight back against the disease. My plan is simple: First, my family would gather up all the medical supply we can get, such as masks and medicine. Masks are self explanatory but medicine is included because most outbreaks are diseases that are curable, such as the flu, and even dieases such as the Bubonic Plague can be prevented with antibiotics. Then, we would evacuate from the area where the disease is most popular, how far away would be determined by the type of outbreak it is(Endemic, Epidemic, or Pandemic).



2. In the event of an outbreak, I expect the government to quarantine the infected population where they will accept priority medical treatment and to research and distribute vaccines to the general population so new cases wouldn't occur. First, the government would quarantine those who are showing symptoms of the outbreak into medical facilities such as hospitals. Next, they would gather up resources and practioners specialized in diseases similar to the disease responsible for the outbreak in order to effectively treat the quarantined patient. Then, a vaccine or other form of prevention be researched at most medical universities and as soon as it's came up with, it will be mass produced and distributed to the general population. Something similar can occur but it has to target both the infected and uninfected population.



3. If the epidemic( or rather pandemic, since pandemic is the catergory for diseases that spread globally) and I am one of the fortunate survivors, I would recruit people who aims to rebuild the world and to make it better. specifically, those people won't try to force a religon or any other belief onto the new world, force a specific ruler onto the people, or intentionally create more problems than what's already troubling. I chose not to let people with those mindsets because if they do survive, then they will try to influence the rebuilt world to their, and not others, image. Then, many people would disagree with those beliefs and conflicts can develop and grow, which could potentially add more problem to the already apocalyptic world.



4. As a survivor, I would begin to rebuild the world by rebuilding a small community then let the community grow. First, I would rebuild the sense of togetherness within people by forming bonds between them and have them rely on each other. Next, I would coordinate efforts to solve basic needs as a group, such as food, water, and shelter, by hunting and gathering together and living close to each other in a natural or made shelter. Then, I would just leave leadership to the people's decision by letting them decide a leader and watch the world slowly expand and grow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb