Rihla 21


Advertisement
North America
March 5th 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1.) Modern slavery is different from previous slavery because of the forms that it is rrvealed in now and days.



2.) This movement of stopping human sex trafficking connects to President Lincoln because President Lincoln wanted to abolish slavery everywhere. Human sex trafficking is a form of slavery in which the people involved has little to no pwer to stop it at all. Even though the context of the Emancipation Proclamation may have been different the overall meaning still applies.



3.) The polaris prpject is a project thatbwas founded in 2002. it works 24 hours around the clock taking distress calls from might be sex trafficking victims. i think that this project is a good idea because it ia helping people out who may be in situations they feel hopeless.



4.) I do agree with the article that human sex trafficking is a form of slavery. People who get put in these situations often have no way out. These people are foreced to do what there captors want, or suffer consequences.



5.) Other examples of modern day slavery i think are sweat shops. People work hard labour, extreme hours, and get little pay. The conditions they work in are somerimes dehumanizing and the negatives outway any postives.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb