RIHLA 21


Advertisement
North America
March 5th 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

How is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?

Today slavery is still seen; however , its seen much differently. slavery is human trafficking, prostitution against someone will, and just overworking people without pay. Some people are lured here by being promised a better life than their previous one, but sometimes thats not always true and they are just abused and work with no pay at all.



Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?

This connects President Lincoln because he was against slavery, and wrote the emanicpation proclamion which baned slavery in the U.S. whilhe was in offoce he also passed the 13 amendment which made slavery illegal in the U.S.
Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?
The Polaris Project is an organization who helps people who have been trafficked and enslaved.
Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?
I definitely agree because this is done without peoples will. They do this without pay and they dont have a way out.
In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?
Other examples of modern slavery is being abused in your own house and having no way out. Whwn i think of other forms it reminds me of the movie Precious, becasue she didnt have a way out but running away.

Advertisement



Tot: 2.22s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb