rihla 20


Advertisement
North America
February 26th 2012
Published: February 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

How has the Columbian Exchange & Triangle Trade affected current day foods & culture?

the columbian exchange and triangle trade have made current day foods and culture accessible to a greater number of people. it has allowed for the diversity in food and culture to spread around the world.

Provide a family recipe that includes at least one of the following ingredients and then answer the questions that follow:





chilis - birria

1. What are the origins of this recipe? im not really sure where my parents got the recipie, i just know that most everybody in my family, both my moms side and my dads side, know some form of the recipie. its a lot like a tradition that has always circled around the family.

2. Does your family in someway identify with this recipe? Why or why not?

my family is close knitt, or at least it always has been. we would get together continuously and this dish, because it takes a lot of time and work to prepare, showed the effort and dedication we had to the family because we took the time to make it and then share it with the family.

3. Do you think people should have access to a variety of foods? Why or why not?

its very important to diverisify what one eats. not only is it healthy and nutritious because of the different protiens and nutrients, it is also just satisfying to have so many flavors and food choices.

4. In general, do you think food is an important aspect of one’s culture? Explain.

food is one of the most important aspects of one's culture. for my family especially food brings everyone together and is more than just something to eat. its something that makes us work hard and work together. Tamales, they are grueling to make, but we make them as a family and then share them with dozens of more members. recipies are also traditional and passed down from mother to daugther or father to dautgher in our case.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0852s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb