Rihla #10


Advertisement
North America
November 22nd 2011
Published: November 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Article URL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-leadership/what-occupy-wall-street-demands-of-our-leaders/2011/10/11/gIQAjHtZcL_story.html
<p style="margin: 0.1pt 0in; line-height: normal;">The Occupy wallstreet movement first began in September and has recieved national attention since then. The majority of the people who are part taking in this protest are young people. The purpose of this protest is to raise concern about the poor corporate government decisions and government leadership. They want to believe in the American dream again but they are not very hopeful.This protest has taken place all around the U.S. It first began on the streets of New York.

There is no unifying reason for the protest. For example These protestors are demanding for businesses and government change. They want the bailouts to stop because the government and businesses need to take responsibility for their actions.Instead of working for themselves, they need to pass laws to benefit the greater good. Also, the protestors are angered about unfair wage. In 1965 the pay for the CEo was 24 times greater than the average employee. Today it is 300 times greater. In addition these protestors want the media to be more accurate as to what they portray.

I agree with the protest. The government is not working toward fixing the problems that are occuring. Rather, the leaders of the government are working for themselves and making sure they are doing well financially. Businesses are also taking large control on the way that the nation is woriking and it needs to stop.
I do not neccesarily belive that the protest will cause any change to happen. It is not that I have a pessimistic view on the government, I just do not believe than man is meant to govern himself.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb