A3 Parker


Advertisement
North America
September 9th 2011
Published: September 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On September 11th 2011 th United States will be remembering the attack of the twin towers in New York City that occurred ten years ago. The twin towers were attacked by terroritsts leaving the buildings to crumble to the ground by two planes being emerged into the towers sides. Many men and women had died let alone got seriously injured by the attack. Till this day it is a very sad event to talk about and will be remembered for many generations to come. This leads me to questions like: why did those people need to die, why us? And thinking this is leads me to think even more how do other countries perceive the United States? Why are we looked at with hate so much? Is it because we have access to freedom, jobs/careers, education, safe environments, etc? Is this what we get for becoming a good country, attacks of equaling millions of deaths? What's next?..

Freedom. What does freedom have to do with other countries? As I look at other countries I see leaders trying to have an ownership over their own people. Having them be unhappy and no one have a voice for themselves. I see it being very corrupt. I believe this is the number one factor for why a horrible event like September 11th had happened. I believe other countries are envious of our freedom, and since they can't have it they want to punish us for it.

The United States has many careers opportunities for men and WOMEN to become what ever they want in life. I believe this is another huge factor for surrounding countries to look at us in a negative way. Some reasons for this is because some countries in this world don't have opportunities such as becoming a doctor or teacher. This leads into education in a way because some countries that are in poverty are not able to provide the money they need to attend school, let alone even have schools to even learn in. Not having the access to be able to get a career or an education can lead other countries to attack the U.S because we have education. We have schools to educate us and the right to become anything we want to be. I think education is a huge resource and when someone wants something I believe they will try to stop it or consume it. Either way attacking a building for what ever reason will not give them education or stop the United States from teaching.

Another question myself and others think about is, does the United States having safe environments have anything thing to do with how other countries perceive us? I as an American I believe so. As I look at some countries I read about men and women terrified to even walk outside their own homes due to dictatorship and violence. As I live in the United States I see how some neighborhoods cannot be completely safe or secure. We look at gangs as a way of showing some of our environments not being safe. If you look and read about different countries men and women are killed hyper for walking outside of their homes. Children are killed or kidnapped. It sad knowing how unsafe it is for some of these people. This shows a lot because other countries that do have dictatorship want to be "the best", and they see America as a threat because we have safe neighborhoods, we can walk down our own streets and feel somewhat safe.

As a conclusion the United States is an amazing place. As we encounter problems such as attacks like September 11th it only makes us stronger and a better country.

























Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb