Friday April 28th


Advertisement
North America
April 28th 2006
Published: May 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey all from Beverly Hills!

We got off to a late start today, as yesterday we had a really long day/night coming in from Fiji. We had a couple of options for things to do today, one being going to the Jay Leno Show, but we'd have to leave the kids in the hotel, the other was going to the Hollywood walk of fame during the day, then to Santa Monica at night. We choose the latter.

We didn’t have a long drive to Hollywood Blvd, maybe 10 or so minutes. We did drive down Rodeo Dr. in Beverly Hills, just cuz it's a famous street and we had to see it. We arrived at Hollywood Blvd, only to see it was blocked off where we wanted to go (the Kodak Theater) we found out later that the daytime Emmy awards were being presented today. We walked about 6 blocks to see the various stars in the pavement, seeing such notables as John Ritter (Kirk saw Betty White.) We stopped in a few shops there, seeing allot of typical souvenirs, like shirts, buttons, magnets, etc. Hollywood Blvd isn’t a place to be after dark, so we high tailed outta there around 5 or so.

Next stop was the world famous Santa Monica pier. Lots of movies are filmed here. If memory serves me correct, The Lost Boys was filmed here. There is even a small amusement park on the pier. We parked the car, and walked up to a shopping area in Santa Monica called the promenade. The Promenade is an outdoor mall that has allot of really cool shops as well as quite a few street performers. We probably spent 2 or 3 hours wandering around the various stores before heading back to the pier to check out the views. It was getting late, so we headed back to the hotel, grabbing a really good burger at a local burger joint on the way. Tomorrow we have an early start as we're headed home to Canada!

More tomorrow

Lee



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb