The Beach and the Cloud Forest


Advertisement
North America
February 8th 2010
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Whale watching 7 secs
2: Kamakazi Bird...gone fishing 7 secs
3: Dolphins 13 secs
4: Fox on the Beach 22 secs
5: Walking through the Forest 19 secs
Sunset in Puerto EscondidoSunset in Puerto EscondidoSunset in Puerto Escondido

With Surfers in the Background
After Guanajuato we went to Morelia for two days. Morelia was a nice town but nowhere as nice as Guanajuato so we were a little bit dissapointed with it. As with all Spanish colonial towns it is full of old churches. The central square was pretty but a bit annoying with all the trafic snarling around it. We ate well, strolled around, took photos and went to a salsa bar. Oh and there was a crazy shower of hailstones. Nothing else to report.... Next.

After Morelia we went to Puerto escondido a Beach town on the southern pacific coast of Mexico. A four hour bus journey took us back to Mexico city and then an hour flight brought us to the beach. The second we got off the plane the heat hit us. Twas roasting and humid as hell. We checked out a few hostels/hotels and settled on a fancy enough hotel beside the beach with a pool. The days were lazy enough on the beach. It is a well known spot for surfing and one day we took surfing lessons. Great fun, with both of us standing up on the surf board. The instructor was pushing us into the wave, im afraid i dont have the arms to get me moving fast enough to catch waves on my own. We also took a boat out dolphin watching and were lucky enough to see a whale aswell which Babette managed to get on video.

One evening we bumped into two english girls we had met previously in Mexico city and went out with them and a load of other drunk people one night. I was one of the most sober people there for a change. The seafood was brilliant and the Mole (chocolate sauce on chicken) was even better that before.

After a few relaxing days we took an overnight bus to Oaxaca a city north of Puerto Escondido. I managed to sleep a bit on the bus which saved us a night accomodation. After we arrived it took us a long time to fing the hostel which had moved and was no longer at the address given in the guide book. We didnt get a lot done that day as we were really tired but we did organise a trek begining the next day.

The trek was two days long in the cloud forests of the
The beach town lifestyleThe beach town lifestyleThe beach town lifestyle

Take it Easy eh....10km/hr
Sierra Norte Mountains. In these mountains there are a number of tribes with seven or eight vilages at altitudes from 2400m to 3100m. We trekked between tree of the vilages over two days. Really beautiful See the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Brekkie in the Cloud ForestBrekkie in the Cloud Forest
Brekkie in the Cloud Forest

Ready for the second day of trekking
The Trek GroupThe Trek Group
The Trek Group

Blessed art thou amongst Women. Darren and four girls, just the way i like it.
Our GuideOur Guide
Our Guide

I actually feel pretty tall in mexico.... amazing
The Cloud ForestThe Cloud Forest
The Cloud Forest

We were above the clouds
Morelia ChurchMorelia Church
Morelia Church

Another one
Morelia ChurchMorelia Church
Morelia Church

And a Beatle...there everywhere
Snow in Mexico?Snow in Mexico?
Snow in Mexico?

Well Hail actually after the crazy hail shower
Restaurant Deco in MorelieRestaurant Deco in Morelie
Restaurant Deco in Morelie

Strange!!!!!!!!!!!!


Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb