Roadtrip - Omaha Art Scene - fall in the Blue Ridge


Advertisement
North America
October 5th 2009
Published: December 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The guys and i headed from PA to Detroit to stay with one of Joshs good friends. We went to a diner in the morning and heard about what detoit is now. We saw what Detroit is now. Its empty. Done. but things are starting low down. things are building.

Then we stopped in Kalamazoo to get a beer at Bells before dropping Travis off with Liz. And we headed on. We stayed with a friend in Chicago at her community house. They were hosting a college party that night and after feeling old we found out place in the basement. The next day we drove, stopping only in Des Moines (thanks to technology telling us where Jimmy Johns is.

We arrived in Omaha and quickly got involved in the 21 Days of Building project in the Empty Rooms project put on by Saddle Creek Records. there is a blog about it somewhere online.
Josh and i enjoyed each moment spent with each other.
It was magic.
i was full - full of creative force - full.

September 11th, 2009
The American Dream
and all that it means.
The death and destruction that came
for me to live
surrounded by so much pain,
And confusion, and all that isnt known -
and when i barely touch the truth my mind again feels blown
and i want to curn into a ball,
and enclose myself in a think wall
so all that is wrong cant touch me.
But in there you cant be free.
The pursuit of happiness
puts you out living and being a piece of the mess,
and it feels like a bad nightmare
where it matters what you have and the things you wear.
Where you pass by a change asking man
but keep the montra yes we can.
And my eyes inside see questions,
and outside all i find is doube and politicians repeating puns.
And i want it all to dissapear - to not exist -
cause the only answer ive found is to resist.

Then josh headed east to his art internship in the Smokey Mountains. I came along and we stopped in Nashville to see Katie and her fiance.
I was planning to stop and see travis and then get a bus out to California to go to a farm out there. But things change and i did not leave and instead worked out things in North Carolina for much larger than i thought i would. Travis continued the job from the summer for two months longer than me and i worked with him for one week since i was there. We checked out Turtle Island after hearing so much about it. Then i headed on to live near friends on a llama farm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

pokepoke
poke

used this to make a paint for the poles in the tipi and it stayed for a while since there is no sunlight getting to it


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb