Day 1: Getting To Paris


Advertisement
North America
August 8th 2008
Published: August 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 1: Travel Day Monday July 27-28

The Flight…..
Yes, that’s right! It took us exactly 24 hours to arrive in Paris, much longer than we had expected. All was well as we arrived at the Miami Airport. Our flight was on time, we boarded and were ready to go to Paris! Just after we got on the plane we taxied out and then were told that there was a bad storm in the Philadelphia area and that we needed to wait. Long story short… we waited over 2 hours on the side of the runway with the no air. Everyone was sweating. They gave us water twice and those cookies that as a kid I always thought looked like dog biscuits. We finally arrive in Philly at 7:03 and our flight to Paris literally took off at 7:04. ARG!!!!! So then the madness began. Because every flight was delayed and everyone missed their flights the lines were long, the people were pissy, and the workers were slow, ineffective, and untrained for the situation. We waited in one line, met some nice people from Amsterdam and Zurich while Adam called US airs on the phone and got our flight changed. The problem then became that no one could print a ticket. You still had to wait in the line and if we were to stay in the line we were in we would definitely miss the 9:20 flight which would then mean that we would loose an entire day in Paris. So we decided to run to another line, which meant we had to go out of security and we had a nice lady who saw us out of breath and slightly frantic, although we still managed to keep calm and she let us go to the front of the line since we already had the flight changed. Thank God for her. So we get to the desk and we have ½ hour before the flight takes off an don’t we get the slowest lady in the entire world. To get the point she finally, with the help of two men, she prints the damn tickets. Then we run like I have never run before. We went through the security so fast and ran down the entire A terminal, which, if you have ever been the Philly airport, you know that it is LONG!!!! We make it to the line in time to board. Horray!! I called my mom, Adam called his dad to tell them quickly that the flight was changed and we took off. Oh, I forgot to mention the slight change of plans. Originally we were supposed to go straight to Paris, but now we flew to Dublin, had to exit through customs and security, re-enter the country and board our next flight. Lovely city from the air! Finally we made it to Paris! Now then fun begins.

Champs D-Ellysses
We got to the hotel and checked in and we were exhausted, we really didn’t sleep much on the plane. I think I slept more than Adam. Everyone at the hotel was nice. The hotel was under construction, similar to the one we were just in in New York, but it was clean and friendly. So we decided not to go crazy gung-ho the way we normally do. We walked good 30 minute walk to the Champs d- Ellysses. BEATUFITFIL! We saw the Arch D’ Triumph and then walked up and down the street. It is like a Miracle/ Magnicicent Mile but much cooler cause it’s in Paris! We went to a little café calle George V . After dinner we strolled the streets and ended up a little pub, the James Joyce, next to our hotel for a little drink. After day 1 I knew I was going to love Paris.





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.3kb