Delay, Delay


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 21st 2014
Published: June 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

So Susan and I started our Portugal, Spain trip with a bust. We get to the ILM airport, get on the plane and taxi to the runway. They tell us then that ATC has delayed us, then 15 minutes later they tell us they are taxing back to the gate, Mechanical issue. We deplane and they say that it will be at least an hour. Oh no, we can not make our Amsterdam flight now. I call, it doesn't look good. The later flight to AMS is full, same with Paris. They check USair, it's all full. Then suddenly she finds a flight to London and a British Airways flight to Lisbon. We book it.

Each of our flights were delayed but we made it to Lisbon about 6:15. Taxi from the airport and check in. Head to our room and I call down to the front desk and they keep calling me Mrs Miller. Seems when we added Nicky and Tim's name to their room, they added it to both. They messed it all up. So back downstairs we went to clear up the mess. In return, we got internet access (supposed to be 19 euro a day per room) free for both rooms up to 6 devices total for the trip. :-)

Then we get an email that Nicky and Tim's flight is delayed. So Susan and I had down for something to drink. Boy something smells good each time we get into the elevator. We can't figure out what it is. Oh well, head down, drink a couple glasses of wine (susan - cosmo's) and we wait. Ok, it's now near 9, we are hungry, they are not here so we tell the front desk that we will be in the restaurant. We get there and discover the smell, there is an outside BBQ. Oh it smells so good. We order a beef grilled and then a clay pot fish dish( Portuguese dish), both were good but the fish was great. it's now 10:30, N&T are still not here. We convince the restaurant to pack up the left overs (not common), right as they walk in.

They sit, say they aren't hungry but we tell them they have to taste it. They finished it all up. It really was good. Poor Nicky is sick. I feel so bad.

We all are tired and head to bed. Oh it feels so nice to not sleep on a plane

Advertisement



21st June 2014

Traveling with Claire???
Maybe not such a good idea! Just kidding ;-) I'm sorry to learn of your latest travel woes. I hope Nicky feels better so y'all can enjoy your vacation together. Miss you!

Tot: 0.477s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb