Jordanelle S.P. Heber City Near Park City, UT Campsite 6,300 feet


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
August 19th 2013
Published: August 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

August 18, 2013

Sunny and 74 degrees when we leave Massacre Rocks SP at 8:30; just in time for Live Streaming of GBC. We could listen while we traveled.

Enter Utah at 10:45. We’re ready for the Wasatch Mtn. Range again. Utah is a beautiful state, visit if you ever can.

We saw the Snake River, now we are crossing the Bear River, but some sadness, we see several deer killed by cars, by the side of the road – large does. Travel down the East side of the Great Salt Lake, can’t really see it though. But today’s drive is beautiful and awe inspiring with the mountains all around and the huge puffy clouds.

Arrive Jordanelle SP at 1:15, with a site right on the Jordanelle Reservoir Lake, just a beautiful lake but we’re told it’s down 40%! (MISSING)Wow, that’s a lot. Had lunch and then enjoyed sitting outside and watching the boaters and swimmers on the lake.

August 19, 2013

Got up this morning to bright sunshine and the 60’s. A down day for us to do some laundry and head into Heber City to look around. We did that after lunch and got tickets for a train ride Wednesday. That should be fun. Stopped at a Coffee House and had our usual Espresso and Chai Latte and chatted with the Barrista. What a sweet girl she was, very cheery and bubbly. We really enjoyed talking with her. Rain this afternoon, just about the first rain we’ve had on this trip. Thunder and lightning, haven’t seen that in a long time.

Took a drive around the park, checked out the different areas for boats and the surroundings to the lake. Lots of covered picnic tables for use right at the lake, which is really nice. They call them cabanas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



20th August 2013

Lovely!
What a gorgeous site, with a water view. Are you sure you want to come home to Clayton? The views are nothing like that...at least from your site...
20th August 2013

What a great photo of the clouds and mountains - so etherial.

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb