Day 1: Cleveland to Poquoson


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 12th 2012
Published: October 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

First off, welcome and thanks for reading my blog. This trip is and east coast brewery tour. We are starting in Poquoson VA and heading north touring as many breweries as we can. Some of the major cities we will be hitting are Philadelphia, Boston, Portland, and Burlington. Again, thanks for join us on this adventure.

Jerry and I arrived at the long term parking garage and found this bird out side the elevator.
At the time, I thought it was just something interesting to take a picture of. Looking back, I guess it could be taken as a bad omen for the flight. But I think that stuff is bunk! I hope this is the lowest point of the trip. Moving, on…

The flight to Atlanta was uneventful, which was nice. It was in the airport that we actually started the vacation. Jerry and I were looking for a place for some food and a beer. We lucked out and found one of Atlanta's craft breweries, SweetWater. http://www.sweetwaterbrew.com I tried the LowRYEder Rye IPA and Jerry tried the 420 Extra Pale Ale. Both delicious, but I thought the rye was a bit too subtle. It could have been bumped up a little. Also, catfish tacos...destroyed.

Again the flight to Newport Newes was uneventfull, thankfully. Although we did have to wait about 20 minutes for our baggage. However, that was good cause that gave Jerry time to get the rental minivan. That's right! We are rolling SM style with the minivan, like true ballers! We got a Town & Country that is totally decked out. Leather seat, satellite radio, zone heating, stow-n-go seats, screens in front and back, and an analog clock for class. Check out the milage picture...we plan on doubling it.

From the airport was the final leg of the trip into Poquoson. Hop skip and a jump led us to this guy. Justin was waiting for us to get there and had some beers chilled. We started getting plans finalized for the next day I was going through my laptop case and found a box cutter. TSA dropped the ball on that one. I didn't intend to sneak a "weapon" through airport security, but, yeah that happened. No worries, it will stay in Poquoson. Not going to take that chance again.

Overall a good start to the vacation. I can't wait to
Starting milageStarting milageStarting milage

Wait for the milage picture in 12 days
get this thing officially rolling.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

OopsOops
Oops

This is now propety of Justin


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb