ON THE ROAD AGAIN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
September 15th 2012
Published: September 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Pretend this is Wednesday morning since I did not get to blog yesterday. It is not so easy to write while travelling or in a campground where you keep loosing your connection or your balance.

We got up, had breakfast and packed up. We were beginning a looooooong ride to Seattle, Wa. We left around 9:00 and headed west. We started off by going through the northern part of yellow stone which we did not do on Monday. Mostly it was more mountains and more trees etc. etc. We did see several herds of buffalo, but we had seen enough of them on Monday to make this anticlimatic although we looked at them anyway. BUT, as we neared the end of the park we saw the most magnificent herd of Elk in a field. We pulled over quickly (at least as quickly as you can pull over a 38 ft. motor home) because our huntsman Phil had to see them up close and personal. Since we were several yards past where they were and there was a hill between us and the field, I did not get out to see them, but trusted Phil to describe them to me. Sorry!

Anyway, from there on we were doing a marathon drive to Seattle, Wa. Let me just tell you now so you can get a feel for my pain, we travelled from 9:00 that morning until 6:00 am the next day. Obviously we arrived in Seattle at a time when there was little or nothing to do or see. Throughout the night the men took turns driving and sleeping and we ladies just kind of laid around wherever there was room and read, nodding in and out of a coma. At 6:00 am we found a Walmart (they allow campers to stay in their lots) and we all just found a place to lay down and slept for a few hours. If anyone had seen us I am sure they would have thought we were all a bunch of strung out seniors.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb