Rescue Us - We are Prisoners of Red Bay


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
September 4th 2012
Published: September 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Outside Red Bay LoungeOutside Red Bay LoungeOutside Red Bay Lounge

Lulu passed out trying to gain sympathy
HELP !!!! It doesn't look good. We aren't in the paint shop today as expected and who knows if it will happen tomorrow. They keep telling us we are 3rd on the list.....God only knows what kind of list they have put us on now. WHENEVER we do get in, it will be at least four days --- you can do the math -- we are prisoners of Red Bay. I am now changing our mailing address to Red Bay and we shall probably vote from here. Then we shall plan who of us stranded souls will cook the turkey and who will bring the cranberry sauce. S-O-S!!

WAIT====Hold on a minute*****MIRACLES HAPPEN! "Our Soul's May Be Saved"--- we may be freed from these ties that bind us here in Red Bay. After Cory talked with "Brad" (paint shop supervisor - we would like to call him something else) and was just given the run-a-round, we headed off to see Bob Tiffin (owner of Tiffin). We tried to avoid this and solve our own problems but we are desperate now. Cory found him wandering through one of his buildings and told him our plight. He was sympathetic but his only
Country Store on RouteCountry Store on RouteCountry Store on Route

Need Anything? Hope not.
alternative was he would pay a local body shop to paint us and the earliest they could do that is Thursday. My contribution to this meeting was to stop & think about Chip so I could cry, hoping my tears would do something. Cory points towards me with a sorrowful look, stares at Bob and we wander aimlessly away like lost souls going back to the slaughter house. While we were licking our wounds and trying to come up with Plan "E"(for Escape), hard-hearted Brad called and told Cory to bring the RV to Bay 19 now....THE PAINT SHOP! We raced over there so fast we didn't even have one of our slide-outs in all the way. So, NOW, we are finally where we should be ....but for how long? Don't know.....optimistic Cory hopes for Thursday; I think we will be glad for Friday....at least, the final lap is being run.

Where are we now? Guess......

----heading back to Tunica! Are we nuts or what? No -- just started to feel lucky again after being so discouraged. We talked about going to Biloxi, MS. but that's almost 6 hours away and when we actually leave Red Bay (Please,
Homes Along the RouteHomes Along the RouteHomes Along the Route

House and a Boat!
God), we will be heading that direction anyway. I convinced Cory to take another route because our "regular" path had become so boring. I shall never complain again about riding the back hills of Allegany County. There is some horrible, monster, out-of-control vine along the roadway that grows and covers anything in its path. I am glad we are in a moving car or that would be our next prison. There isn't even an occasional road-kill on this route. Makes for good bonding time, anyway.

Today would have been my mother's 102th birthday. She always said "This, too, will pass". You were right, Mom. Maybe she had a hand in making miracles happen. Who knows.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Storm ShelterStorm Shelter
Storm Shelter

I am fascinated by these
Monster VineMonster Vine
Monster Vine

Out of control


4th September 2012

Vine
It's called Kudzu and they brought it in from Japan. And NO, you don't want to be still around it too long.
5th September 2012

Japanese Monster Vine
Can we send it back?
4th September 2012

monster vine
That monster vine is called kudzu and yes it sounds just the way it is spelled. Down here in the south they use it for craft wreaths like grape vines up north. Love your adventures in the parking lot I hope they get you painted and on your way. Love to play where's Lulu (how did she get named that?) and mom would have been 98 she's been gone physically for15 years but she is always here in spirit. Love to you and may your feet hit the metal on the pedals soon!
5th September 2012

Monster Vine
Glad to have a name for that green monster..thanks
4th September 2012

My hero
Mrs. Guenter, you ARE my hero!! Sometimes we women just have to dig down deep and turn on the water works! You go!!
5th September 2012

Thanks
You're too kind, Robin...Thanks!
5th September 2012

Hang in there
Your mom said it best. Just think how fresh and new the world will seem when you DO leave!
5th September 2012

New World
You're right, Gwen...we will be like Christopher Columbus discovering the New World...can't wait!

Tot: 0.763s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.64s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb