Day Eleven


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 27th 2011
Published: June 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well we were in a dead zone yesterday and couldn't post a blog. So I will catch you up on Day 11 before I move on to today.

We left Victoria, BC yesterday on an early ferry to Port Angeles, Washington. Within a few hours we were back on U.S. soil where we recognize the money and they recognize our driver's licenses. We rented a car in Port Angeles and started a day's drive around the Olympic Peninsula. Steve had planned some interested stops and had arranged our lodging. We started by driving to Forks and stopping there for lunch. (For Twilight movie fans, the movie made this town famous and there are now Twilight tours and souvenirs available.) It's the area where the Quileute Nation's people live with all kinds of native traditions, crafts, etc. available. When we left Forks, we drove to the Hoh National Rain Forest. We walked into the forest for a ways, saw a deer or two, and took pictures. We were surprisingly not impressed with the forest, however. It was a lot prettier in Lynn Canyon in Canada. The trees were bigger and older there and much more impressive. So we continued on into La Push. La Push is also in the Quileute Nation lands and was also in the movie Twilight. Apparently a lot of tourists are now drawn here to this ONE square mile town where there is really nothing to speak of but waterfront. LOL. After dinner at the local Quileute restaurant which was very delicious by the way, we stayed in La Push overnight. The beach was incredible. Rock formations off of the shore, fallen trees all over the beach, and interesting clouds made for wonderful pictures. Steve and I walked the beach forever picking up interesting rocks and pieces of wood. The temperature was just right. I collapsed in bed from the long day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 1.209s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb