Day Eight


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 23rd 2011
Published: June 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well, this is our last day in Vancouver so we really made the best of it. We started out taking a bus to the University of British Colombia Museum of Anthropology. It's a beautiful building and full of amazing artifacts. Steve was, of course, in his glory. He took tons of pictures and we spent a few hours inside absorbing the Inuit traditions. When we had enough, we boarded another bus to Granville Island, a very popular tourist area. There were great shops and restaurants. Steve sampled Sake, we ate lunch in a huge market, and we walked through all of the shops and venues. From there, we boarded a little seabus to go to China Town. It was a pretty good hike from where the seabus let us off and we walked past the football stadium that is being refurbished and past the Kanucks stadium. We wound up shopping in a flea market in China Town and then started our walk to Gas Town. Gas Town is the "old town" of Vancouver and is very quaint. The old street lights, beautiful flowers, old buildings, and cobble stone pavings are great. I bought a very unique necklace there (yeah, like I need a necklace. I know). Along the way we had a Starbucks and took pictures. We finally made it back to the hotel at 6:00 p.m. Again, we walked MILES! Believe it or not, I have lost three pounds so far on this vacation! That never happens.

Vacations are interesting for us. We've been married for 41 years and we know we still like entirely different things. Somehow we make it work and each of us gets some of what we like. Steve likes nature, animals, museums, historical places, hikes, boats, picture taking and weather related phenomenon. I like theater, shopping, parks, spa treatments, fine restaurants, five star hotels, trains, scenery, special landmarks, tropical venues and a lot of relaxation. The scale is tipped in Steve's favor on this vacation so far I think. When we leave here, we'll have to find some of my favorite things!

That's it for now. We pack tonight and go to Victoria. We take a bus onto a Ferry. Then the bus gets off on the other side and lets us off at the Empress Hotel. I'm looking forward to High Tea!

Sue and Steve


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb