Day Six


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 22nd 2011
Published: June 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone! Here we are after our train journey in Vancouver. The weather is much better, the Hotel Pan Pacific is exquisite and right on the water, and we are settled in for four days. There's a lot to do here so it will be busy. Today we started by looking around the town. Vancouver lost the Stanley Cup last week and for those of you who followed it, you will know that riots broke out in the streets of downtown. Seventeen cars were set on fire, most of the windows were broken out of The Hudson Bay Company store windows (huge store much like Macy's) and there was a great deal of embarassement about the behavior. We hear it was very uncharacteristic and confined to young people who lost control. I am posting some pictures of the wooden replacements for windows at Hudson Bay Company. People have been walking up and posting their words on the boards since the day after it happened. There are so many wonderful condolences, congratulatory words to the team, and prayers. They are probably going to preserve most of them in the stadium to remember the madness.

We went to the top of the Vancouver Tower, had a snack and took some pictures. There are fabulous views in every direction. We shopped a little, and then we went for a long walk from our hotel to Stanley Park which is about 6 miles away. We walked part of the way back before Steve hailed a taxi and we whimped out. I thought I was going to be so sore, but it all turned out great. Ready to roll again. Enjoy some of our pix and join us again for Day Seven.
Sue and Steve


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb