Day 11


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
September 24th 2009
Published: September 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

September 23, 2009
Our day began with a drive up and down the streets of Hill City looking for a deli that each of us had seen during our 3 day stay but could not quite remember where it was…we never found it! Travelled into Wyoming and while driving on a deserted road our battery light went on! After a very quiet ride into a town (I had started the Rosary) called NewCastle where a lovely young man checked and said the battery was ok…no charge…everyone we meet seems so kind. It was shortly after this that we got our first glimpse of the Rockies!!! We had lunch in Buffalo where John committed a men’s room faux pas that I won’t get into but it did result in Bill having to go to another restaurant to use their facilities! Bill gave a call to Milton Hospital to say hi to friends.
We continued on through the most rugged and pristine landscape that any of us has seen. The pictures hopefully will portray this. Travelling on, we stopped in a town called TenSleep…population 307. The town is comprised of 2 hotels, 2 restaurants, a bar and a church. We had cocktails while we tried to find hotels/motels for the next few nights…and had to “rassle” with an onery reservation clerk…but finally got our way! So today was filled with blue skies, cowboys, mountains, deer and a lot of laughs.
Today’s Road Lesson: Bill is much nicer to his work friends than he is to us!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0839s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb