End of Nashville and Louisville


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 21st 2009
Published: July 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Pancake Pantry Pancake Pantry Pancake Pantry

The line outside....that we were able to jump!
After…yes, you guessed it, another late start…we set out to see the Nashville sites. First, we decided to stop at the Pancake Pantry (there is a theme here regarding the need to check out all the best food places) where our book described orange lemon and apricot walnut pancakes….When we arrived (on a Tuesday) there was a line all the way out the door and around the corner. Though we were last, we lucked out because a number of groups were there...the server came out after we had been waiting about 3 minutes to ask for a seating of 1 or 2 and we skipped the whole line to be seated. The meal was awesome…sweet potato pancakes, sausage, homefries and pancakes stuffed with cottage cheese with cinnamon syrup. We packed up what we didn’t finish to eat on the way (along with the fried chicken of the night before). After, we walked around a few shops in the area, which seemed quite hip, before driving to see the Parthenon building in Centennial Park (why Nashville is described as Athens of the South) and the Grand Ole Opry Museum. We then left with the intentions of reaching Cincinatti, Ohio by late evening. Instead, after stopping at the Kentucky border and getting some material on Louisville, KY and the distilleries in the area, we decided to stay in Louisville instead, calling ahead to see when tours would be conducted. We realized upon getting into Louisville (where Katy had one of her Im hungry and don’t know about this city attacks) that the time went forward an hour, making it 21:30 instead of 20:30). We drove up and down the many one way streets of the city, checking out the areas that appeared to be the main roads, stopping a few times to check hotel prices just to find it would be too expensive to stay right in the city. Finally, we ended up on 4th Street Live, one of the main streets where all the action appeared to be. We found a parking spot nearby and walked up and down the street to find someplace to get a small bite to eat and try some local beers. We settled on a nice restaurant and ate outside, splitting mac n’ cheese and chicken nachos and some locally brewed beers. After, we went to the car and checked the wi-fi, looking to see if we could find any local hotel deals. We ended going across the bridge from the city, to Indiana, and stayed at one of the nicer motels of our trip thus far, talking down the owners to a lower price for a nicer room given the time of night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb