VA to Canada


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
May 26th 2009
Published: June 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

West Virginia LakeWest Virginia LakeWest Virginia Lake

Where we should have slept
I don't have much patience for this. Too much has happened.

I lost my phone, then found it, then headed north to West Virginia on 77.

We got a free meal of chips, salsa, and four iced teas from a Mexican restaurant in WV.

77 in southern WV is a very pretty road.

Stopped halfway through WV to find people who would let us stay in their yard or on their floor.

Everyone directed us towards campgrounds.

We parked behind a small town next to a lake and a huge field of fireflies. Set up camp next to the car. We tried to sleep in sleeping bags, on a blanket, on two camping mats, on the gravel. It was amazing. Then it started raining.

We got back in the car and drove to Marietta College in Ohio. We drove around looking for some night life, a party where we could sneak in a crash on the couch. Our hopes were high.

We slept in the car.

Woke up, drove, tried to get a free meal from both restaurants and houses. We had to make peanut butter and honey sandwiches.

Ohio sucks.

Drove in Pennsylvania, drove out of Pennsylvania. Better than Ohio.

Called Ashley Blaire in New York, she was happy to let us stay. She made us steaks and mashed potatoes and corn and broccoli. It was delicious. Played with their new puppy Coco and played poker. Slept in an adorably decorated room covered in lovely princesses.

Woke up, Ashley made us piles of bacon and eggs and toast and pancakes. Delicious. They left. We left.

Headed for Canada.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Almost to CanadaAlmost to Canada
Almost to Canada

Almost lost this one to Niagara Falls...


2nd June 2009

Interesting Start
Hey fellas, Seems you guys are off to an interesting start! Did you really go around asking to sleep on peoples yards? Haha I bet your both having some crazy times! Good luck with everything, Ill check out the site every now and again to see how your all doing. Good luck in Canada!
2nd September 2009

ha

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb