Somewhere in the Pacific


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
January 12th 2006
Published: January 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Alan enjoys an early morning breakfastAlan enjoys an early morning breakfastAlan enjoys an early morning breakfast

Alan at our favorite breakfast location on the deck of La Verandah
It’s our second day at sea and we are discovering a routine. Yesterday was a “catch-up” day for me. Sleep and unpacking were my only goals. Oh, and finding my sea-legs, which took most of the day. Alan started his exercise regime and attended an astronomy lecture that he raved about.

Last night, the ship had a block party. Passengers were instructed to listen for the 6pm bell, take the wine glasses from their cabins, step out into the hall and meet their neighbors. The stewardesses poured wine and we mixed and mingled with other passengers on our hall. It was a unique way to become acquainted.

Today, I followed Alan’s routine. So, we were up exercising at 6am followed by a soak in the hot tub. We have to follow our good intentions while they last! After breakfast, we attended another astronomy lecture, if only science had been this much fun in school.

Tonight is our first formal night, always a gala event on a cruise ship.


Advertisement



14th January 2006

Alan looks good
Looks like you haven't gained any weight yet! Jack wants to know how the handball is?
14th January 2006

Exercise?
What happen to those days of fun in the sun without exercise? No, I am only kidding. Sounds like your having a great time so far and adjusting well to the ship, the ocean, the spa, etc. Make sure you get those fun neighbors in your pictures. Who knows you may meet some friends for life. Take care and don't over do that exercise thingy. Best to you both.
16th January 2006

Looking Good
Alan is looking fit as ever. Time for you both to be in the shots. Missing nothing here but lots of football play offs. Carolina made it to the division
16th January 2006

virtual handball
Jack, Alan says he's only playing virtual handball. Yesterday he beat you 21-0!!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb