The Trip Ends at Naples, Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
September 22nd 2008
Published: September 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yellowstone Yellowstone Yellowstone

It was interesting to see how much the trees had grown here since the big fire 20 years ago. We saw geysers, mudpots and nature's varied beauty.
Hi all,

We had a great time going through western Canada. We drifted around and went through Banff and Jasper National Parks and Lake Louise. We moved on to visit family in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and continued to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Jackson, Wyoming rests at the foot of the Grand Tetons. It was a perfect location for a shootout which they do at the main square daily. From these awesome views of nature, we moved on to amazing displays by man. We traveled to Mount Rushmore and Chief Crazyhorse monuments in South Dakota.

After seeing an unbelievable amount of corn growing in the central United States, we went to Chicago, and to the upper peninsula of Michigan. After a few days on Mackinac Island, we visited family in Michigan.

We were planning to view fall colors in New England, but we felt pulled to drive south to Naples, Florida. We are planning to buy a house here and set down roots for now.

Please come visit us here.

Beth and Greg



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Mt RushmoreMt Rushmore
Mt Rushmore

This is an awesome sight. It is amazing how man could have created this.
Crazy HorseCrazy Horse
Crazy Horse

The original sculptor with the local Indians started this project 50 years ago. The hole under the arm will hold a 10 story building. All of Mt. Rushmore will fit on the head and the streaming hair. There is no timetable for when this will be completed as it is all being done with no federal funds.
Crazy Horse ModelCrazy Horse Model
Crazy Horse Model

This is what the mountain sculpture will look like when completed. When you are next in South Dakota, be sure to see this.
Badlands South DakotaBadlands South Dakota
Badlands South Dakota

It seems like you are on a different planet when in the Badlands, South Dakota.
Montana Stream Montana Stream
Montana Stream

Montana was beautiful - so much nature and so few people.
Chicago Millenium ParkChicago Millenium Park
Chicago Millenium Park

Millenium Park on Michigan Avenue in Chicago has a wonderful water sculpture where the face moves and the eyes blink. The children have a great time playing in the water.
Baby at Millenium ParkBaby at Millenium Park
Baby at Millenium Park

Even babies play in the water on sunny days.
Chicago Millenium ParkChicago Millenium Park
Chicago Millenium Park

You can see yourself walking towards this sculpture.
Chicago  Park SculptureChicago  Park Sculpture
Chicago Park Sculpture

It''s had to imagine the reflections from this silver egg shaped sculpture, where you can walk underneath.
Grand  HotelGrand  Hotel
Grand Hotel

The Grand Hotel was featured in the movie "Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reeve.
Tree FacesTree Faces
Tree Faces

Even on Mackinac Island!
Mackinac IslandMackinac Island
Mackinac Island

After arriving on Mackinac Island by boat, we stayed at a Bed and Breakfast. We strolled on the streets with the horse and buggies (no cars) and ate lots of fudge and viewed the beautiful flowers.
Grand Hotel Grand Hotel
Grand Hotel

We were engaged here over 20 years ago. It was so nice to return here for dinner.
Mackinac BridgeMackinac Bridge
Mackinac Bridge

This was the longest suspension bridge in the world.
SunsetSunset
Sunset

Sunset on Mackinac Island was spectacular!
Rafting with the GilmansRafting with the Gilmans
Rafting with the Gilmans

What a wonderful day we spent on the lake with family.
Family Rafting Family Rafting
Family Rafting

So much fun!
Niagara FallsNiagara Falls
Niagara Falls

Nature is powerful!
Niagara Falls New YorkNiagara Falls New York
Niagara Falls New York

While at Niagara Falls, we decided to turn south to look for a new home.
Sunset Sunset
Sunset

Our new home will be in Naples, Florida. Everyone is invited to come visit!!!


Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb