News from our German Guesthouse


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
September 12th 2008
Published: September 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

July 16 - Aug. 7, 2008 - Arrival of our German Guests, David and Vicktor.
We enjoyed the company of David & Vicktor from Bergisch Gladbach, Germany for three weeks this summer. They immediately made themselves at home here at the guesthouse. Their days were filled with fishing, fishing, fishing and eating. They caught several large-mouthed bass, but being true German conservationists, all fish were caught, photographed and released. In addition, the boys took part in our Dairyland Fest parade and attended Germanfest in Milwaukee. They also spent a week-end boating and fishing at Windlake, WI, as guests of Steve and Lisa Schultz. They are now back at school in Germany, finishing their last year of "Gymnasium" (high school). They hope to return next summer. We hope so too.

August 3, 2008 - Dairyland Fest Parade, Cleveland, WI
Kay and I had decided to enter a float in our local parade, held on Sunday, August 3. We had it decorated with flags of the German kingdoms and we, and our grandchildren, were dressed in German folk apparel. I entertained the crowds accompanied by German folk music, wearing bundhosen, an embroidered shirt and a Bavarian hat. Kay was dressed in an authentic German dirndl and our grandchildren (Enkelkinder) were dressed in lederhosen and dirndls. Many people complimented us on how realistic we looked and said that we brought back memories to them.

August 27, 2008 - 105th Harley Davidson Anniversary
For the week-end of the 105th Harley Davidson Anniversary, we were able to fill some guestrooms. We spoke with many of the participants of the event, who booked rooms as far away as Green Bay, who would have loved to have booked with us if they had known about our German guesthouse. We are still struggling to get recognition from the public about our unique German-style guesthouse and the "at home" environment we have to offer.

September 3, 2008 - LTC Students hold class at our German guesthouse.
A few weeks ago, we were contacted by John Weiss, an instructor at Lakeshore Technical College and head of the new Hotel/Motel Management Degree Program. He had asked if it would be possible for the students enrolled in his program to visit and tour our guesthouse, and if we could give them the history of the conception, planning and contruction of it. Their class was held here at our guesthouse on September 3. Kay and I gave them a presentation and a tour of our complete facility. The students seemed to enjoy their visit here and we hope to have them back to get some "hands on" experience in innkeeping.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb