Road Trip!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
April 29th 2008
Published: April 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got up, packed and headed up the road 2 pick up the car. A nice red nissan was brought 2 us, our travelin companion 4 the next week or so.
We jumped in2 the car, worked out how 2 get on the 10, which would take us all the way in2 Florida. We got on2 the 10 and we were 2 be on this road 4 a LONG TIME. We soon cut through Louisiana and in2 Mississippi, we cut through the bottom of that state and then drove right across the bottom of alabama and then entered in2 Florida. The first part of the drive had some decent scenery 2 get lost in. The bayous of Louisiana where no doubt alligators were lurkin and massive lakes. However drivin through florida it was just trees, with the occasional fast food bill board. It was only when u got above the line of the trees, where u saw how far they stretched. Miles upon miles of trees, it was a spectacle in itself.
We drove along the pan handle of florida, travelling through a time zone like doctor who, only in a nissan and not a TARDIS!! We drove through Tallahassee, the capital of Florida and west of there we pulled in2 a motel. There were lots of strange characters about, mainly hicks. We checked in. Got the key 2 our room and then drove right up 2 our motel door. We turned the key in the lock, not really sure what 2 expect on the other side. But what we found was a room with 2 double beds!! Believe me after stayin in hostels this was a sight 4 sore eyes!! We dumped our bags, went over 2 the burger king across the road, took the food back 2 our motel and there we were. Sat in a motel, eatin fast food and watchin pro wrestlin... we were truly american.

Day 2
Woke up later than we wanted... man that double bed was good. We through our bags in the car and headed back out on highway 10. I also noticed that the motel we stayed in was called 'Southern Comfort' the same name as a film about hicks in the deep south killin hapless people like ben and myself...
Did some serious drivin and made the coast at Jacksonville. We then hit the 75 and began 2 head south 2 sunnier climates. We stopped off at St Augustine beach, where we sat on the beach and i had 2 fight the temptation 2 swim in the sea as me trunks were in the car and swimmin inthe sea is like one of my fav things 2 do.
After sittin on the beach 4 a while we jumped in the car and carried on south. SOmewhere south of Daytona we pulled in2 a motel 6 and checked in. Right in front of a room, there was a pool. My trunks were on and i was swimmin!! I got out the pool and Ben informed me that the Calzhage (spellin!!) fight was on the box. Ben went and got the beers and the potato chips and we lay on our double beds, lordin it up. I would have appreciated it alot more if i knew the pit we were gonna be stayin in the next day...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb