Bagged...Two weeks to go


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
April 18th 2008
Published: April 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bagged!

We have $400 worth of charts, thanks to a boondoggle trip Bob Hawkins made earlier today, and survival kit gear lovingly prepared by Anne. Donna An brought some cleaning rags we'll need...but we didn't actually get around to doing the bag-packing party.

So, we'll try it again next week, with everybody bringing all their pilot junk so we can create the three aircraft flying gear bags.

We refined the plans for the Grand Canyon area. A friend of Donna An's might be able to provide a boat trip for those who will get to Glen Canyon! We defined out return trip through the midwest. ...and we want to be sure we get to the geographic center of the USA.

We are now aspiring to get to Metor Crater near Winslow AZ and also Mount St Helens on the way north from Portland if the crew flies to pick up Judy and Dan in Olympia.

As Bob Hawkins wasn't at the meeting, he was the subject of much desultory commentary about his lack of enthusiasm for mornings. Those of us who know him well are not fooled...and he's usually reviveable with breakfast. Bob wants to be sure to photograph Bucky the Dragon at each McDonalds' we stop at.

We're taking three aircraft -- a Cessna Cardinal, a Cessna 172, and a Piper 235. Details coming -- photos and notes -- from Dick Strock!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Dick and SpotDick and Spot
Dick and Spot

Dick Strock shows off the SPOT gps transmitter that will send out map updates on our progress every ten minutes and a "safe landing" notice to our "home team" members every time we touch down.
Judy, Ruth and DonJudy, Ruth and Don
Judy, Ruth and Don

Judy, Ruth and Don on a planning night
Flight Planning Intensity...Flight Planning Intensity...
Flight Planning Intensity...

Dick Strock & Bill Hughes are intent on flight planning
Donna's family watches the plan unfoldDonna's family watches the plan unfold
Donna's family watches the plan unfold

Donna's family visits the trailer, and Scott looks on, during the flight planning session this week


Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0962s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb