USA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 18th 2007
Published: October 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Eleven more days until home all thats left is to see a bit of the USA.

Im sure youve all either been to the USA or heard about it so i dont need to say alot other than moments that amussed me.

Upon arrival in LA we were greeted by an african american lady who immediately said 'everybody back up' - we were stunned.
She then said 'its ok, you can stay right there, but back up' which to us meant you can stay where you are but move??
She repeated this a few times in many ways until we realised she wanted us to leave a gap in the queue where the door was.

The Passport check in was pretty busy but US residents section was empty, we were told to go over there but suprise suprise the lady gave us the instructions in a long winded confusing statement that went along the lines of ' i would go over there, thats i what i would do, right there, its empty, you can go right there, your crazy if ya dont, thats what i would do'

Our hostel was right next to the best celbreity club
SummerSummerSummer

Summer from 'The OC' - she waved
in LA, so of course we saw some rich people and they were often filming ouside for new program episodes etc.
The carpark next to the club was where i chatted to a parking attendant whislt watching a guy break into clubs whilst we were waiting for the police, as expected the chap was arrested and of course i filmed the arrest on my camera.

Las Vegas is a cool but crazy place and yes there are loads of grannies on slot machines.
From las Vegas we hit the Grand Canyon for a day trip where they trick you into paying to go on a glass skywalk to get a 'better view'
You cant take your camera on the skywalk because 'you may throw it off' and they actually x-ray you on the way through to see if you havent brought it in.
Suprise suprise there is a camera ont eh skywalk and you can buy the photos although they dont actually take photos of teh canyon but just two pics of you pratting about..
However they were kind enough to take us to a spot after where everything is free, you cna stand as close to edge as you care to dare and take as many photos as you want...
Be warned if you ever go there stay on the coach while at the skywalk site and wait till you get to the second stop.

After that we all hit New york - now this place is cool, massive but cool.
The subway isnt as life threatening as you may believe and its actually the scary lookin killer types that were the freindliest and most helpfull.
Walking the streets day and night seemed safer than walkign certain areas of plymouth not that this bothers a spartan like me anyways..
The newyork subay actaully has a real person telling you where you have stopped, the traindriver himself and damn was he cool... 'Hundered n third ev - re - body, this hundred n third, watch youselfs, back away form teh dooooooooor.

Of course i had a bagel with cream cheese and yes it was damn good. I also brought copious amounts of 'I love New york' t-shirts because they make great presents, cost two dollars and have all the colours in the world.

On the last night out we hit the pubs with a guy who worked at the hostel, he had gold teeth was called barkley and was cool.. check out the photo!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Statue of libertyStatue of liberty
Statue of liberty

One working and his two mates on their fag break


Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb