Washington to Washington


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 1st 2007
Published: June 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Friday June 1 and we're finally off on the long awaited and highly anticipated trip to the Pacific Northwest. We left work a bit early and headed down to Union Station. From there, we caught the MARC Train, the commuter train that runs from D.C. to Maryland, and made for BWI Airport. We decided to fly from Baltimore instead of D.C. because the tickets were so much cheaper. It's a hassle to get there, although not much moreso than going to Dulles, but when the tickets are more than $200 cheaper each it's worth it.
Our flight left BWI just before 8:00 and we chased the sunset to Seattle. We arrived a few minutes early, starting our remarkable run of good luck that would last for the entire trip. For some reason the guy at the rental car counter decided that Rachel Dougan really meant Richard Dugan and gave us the wrong reservation at first. Luckily we caught it and got the error fixed. We made our way to our priceline procured hotel, the Seattle Renaissance, and had what was for us a very late meal. Finally to bed at midnight Pacific, extremely excited for the vacation to begin in earnest. Of course, we didn't bust out the camera until the next day, so no pictures for today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb