In the Air


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
March 3rd 2007
Published: March 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Big BorderBig BorderBig Border

Alaskan Yukon Border
The photo of the white mountain range is actually the US Canada border between Alaska and Yukon. If you look carefully you should be able to make out the US minute men valiantly defending the US homeland from job pillaging Inuits. The photo was taken with a 6 mega pixel camera from 36000 ft, so if you can't see them, get your eyes checked.

At about 8h 45min since our departure from a very wintery Chicago O'Hare, with no distractions, I've had an opportunity to do a fair bit of thinking, and I believe I've come up with a peace solution for the middle east.... more on that later. As I write this blog (on my HTC 8125, for all you technophiles out there) we happen to be crossing the most western point of the international date line. We traversed from 15:37 Kwajalein time on March 2nd, to 16:37 Tonga time on March 3rd. For more on the international date line go to wikipedia.com. Next stop Tokyo Airport.... Should be more interesting.

Ok, Narita airport was not any more interesting than the rest of the flight. The flight to Bangkok leaves shortly.

8 hours Later......

We finnaly
Date LineDate LineDate Line

International Date Line
land in Bangkok, as we walked of the mobile stair way, the humid Thai air hit like a tone of bricks. It was 29C at 11:40 PM in the evening.......my blood is still thick as syrup from the -20C last couple weeks we've been having in the northeast... I can't handle this.

We made our way through customs and then onto the Hotel.... long trip hard jet lag... off to sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

JapanJapan
Japan

Narita Airport - not much to see.


Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb