Hiking for the disabled (Tory) at Point Lobo


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
November 14th 2018
Published: November 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Another amazing nights sleep in a hotel was a great way to celebrate our “Babymoon” mini-vacation. We both slept in until around 8, and had some hotel room coffee before Steve went out to the hotel store called “Tidal Coffee” to get some breakfast for us both. We hung out in the room until checkout around 11, when we decided it would be fun to go do a hike at the Point Lobos Reserve State Park. The time spent at the hotel was very nice for us to be able to catch up and talk about so much on our minds, which can be so hard to do with the responsibilities at home and with the kids.

We arrived at Point Lobos on a perfect, sunny day, in contrast to a colder and overcast day the day before. There were two easy hikes that were fun to go on., which happened to be ADA approved, perfect for pregnant Tory. One was to a place called Sea Lion cove and Sand Beach Cove, where we could hear Sea Lions from far away but not see them. Second was to Bird Island Trail, where we spotted a beach full of Sea Lions laying lazily in front of a beautiful crystal-clear green water cove. The rocks in the water in the beaches in this area are surely some of the most beautiful sights in the world.

After the hikes, we drove back to San Jose to see the kids again and spend a last few hours with Susie and George. Steve’s Aunt Janey stopped over and it was nice to see her for the first time in a few years, as the kids got her confused with Susie and their similar blonde hair. From there, we left for San Jose airport and it was a breeze getting through there to the plane. Rosie was her usual handful, at least the flight was short and Tory handled both kids with the skill only a Mother has. We shuttled back to the van and drove back to our home in Oak Park, looking forward to seeing it for the first time since we had to evacuate 6 days earlier at midnight due to the close fires. It was emotional to return, but we thank God for keeping our house and family safe during this time, as well as pray for our growing family and Tory’s last 10 weeks of pregnancy that she stays comfortable and is able to get some of her home and work tasks taken care of by others.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb