SD--WY Pictures


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming
November 2nd 2005
Published: November 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Finally, we found a library that was open & has USB ports. Here are some pictures from Crazy Horse & Mt. Rushmore, SD and Devils Tower, WY.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Crazy Horse MemorialCrazy Horse Memorial
Crazy Horse Memorial

The Crazy Horse Memorial is still being carved out of a mountain in the Black Hills. When it is done, you'll see Crazy Horse sitting atop his horse and pointing toward the Black Hills, the land of his people.
Mt. Rushmore1Mt. Rushmore1
Mt. Rushmore1

Mt. Rushmore from a distance. We were actually driving to see the Crazy Horse Memorial first, and then caught this first glimpse of Mt. Rushmore.
mt. Rushmore3mt. Rushmore3
mt. Rushmore3

Standard photo
Devil's Tower1Devil's Tower1
Devil's Tower1

Approaching Devil's Tower along a beautiful back-country dirt road.
What is this?What is this?
What is this?

Ken and I spotted this old machinery along that dirt road to Devil's Tower. We don't know what it is, but thought it looked kind of interesting.


14th November 2005

I know what it is...
The old farm equipment is a grain thresher machine, it was used the same way grain combines are today. I think it is a McCormick Brand. Farmers would run it off of a steam engine and put bundles of grain in one end and someone would stand under the piece that came off of the top and bag the grain into burlap sacks as it came out, the grain would then be sold. The back end of it would shoot the stocks and stems out into a straw pile, they would use the straw for bedding animals, or feed.

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb