Way Out West 2019


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Ranchester
September 8th 2019
Published: September 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, September 8 - Monday, September 9
We spent the night in Casper, WY at one of the nicest Super 8 Motel’s I’ve ever been in. In addition they were so kind and helpful. They helped us carry our luggage to our rooms and Offered tips on getting our tires fixed. They even had a coin operated washer and dryer do we could do laundry!! Couldn’t have asked for a nicer place to stay!

We weren’t in any hurry since our next stop was only 2 hours away. We knew we had to address the tire situation (needed a rim and tire to continue on). We went to WalMart Tire and Lube. Our only other choice on Sunday was Sam’s club. We were able to get a new tire but no rim. None of us wanted to travel on without a spare. I had taken pictures of the damage. When I shared them with the young man that waited on us he was sure that he could use our rim for a new tire. We were all thankful that we didn’t have to try and travel without a spare or wait 3-5 days for an ordered one to arrive.

We headed on our way to Ranchester, Wyoming where our guys were to fish the Tongue River. We would be staying in a bunk house on a working horse farm. We knew we were out in the country so we stopped at the store to get supplies while we were in town.

Karen and I have cooked dinners, planned lunches, and provided breakfast items. We’ve grilled when we could, made baked goods, made sandwiches for the car all in the name of saying money and eating a little healthier.

The horse farm was lovely and had two dogs with which we fell in love. They both loved to retrieve sticks and were very competitive. Needless to say we all spent time playing with both dogs!!

Terry and Ed has fun fishing and both caught some...just wasn’t as great as they hoped. Terry did get excited when he caught a big fish, but is was a bass, not a trout!!

We were here for 2 days and had a great time

We loaded up on the morning of the 10th to head down to Laramie to fish near there.





Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb