Idaho Falls, Idaho to Jackson, Wyoming


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Jackson
August 6th 2022
Published: August 8th 2022
Edit Blog Post

6th August, 2022

We had a slow start this morning as it was only a couple hours drive today.

Loaded up on a free breakfast and then long hot showers before we checked out just before 10am. Went to fill up and noticed the temp light on the car was showing so we had a look under the bonnet and the car hire had given us the car with no bloody coolant in the engine. SHIT!

We called the rental company who said they would replace the car but had no one to come get us and the car for at least a couple of hours, so I said to hell with it, I am driving to the outlet and getting another car. The desk man, Jerry, was so nice and apologetic. We knew it wasn’t his fault and told him so. He got us a brand new Nissan Rogue which is brilliant to drive. So what was meant to be a super easy drive with stops along the way turned into not so easy.

As soon as we left Idaho Falls, the cloud came right down and it started to rain. And it got cold. Australia isn’t the only place that can have summer and winter at the same time. As we drove we watched the mountains disappear behind the cloud and then reappear. It was a little eery.

The mountains got extremely steep and we could hear the car working hard. But the views when we could see were spectacular. Even when the cloud was covering most of the mountain, you could see the bottom which was a helluva long way down.

Arrived in Jackson mid afternoon and checked in. The weather was fining up a bit so went for a walk into town which was about 5 mins walk and Sandra bought some souvenirs and I got a t-shirt and a hat pin from Harley Davidson. An Aussie woman was behind the counter so she was pretty happy to be helping us. Ticked off a bucket list moment by having my pic taken at the Elk horn archway in the town square. Slowly walked back to the hotel but got lost on the way and ended up doing a couple of circles to get there.

We were debating what to do tonight, whether we should go get some dinner and listen to some music or go to the Jackson Rodeo. As the weather had fined up and the sun was shining, we decided to go to the Rodeo and bought tickets. We each made a call home and by the time we got off our calls, it was pouring rain and flooding the driveway. Sucks to be us.

Anyway, we still went and the rain stopped just as we got out of the car. Our seats were out in the open so we kept our fingers crossed that it didn’t rain again. We were pretty disappointed in the whole thing. There was a lot of doing nothing between each rider so it got quite boring. AND it was bloody freezing. We were glad to get back to the room and turn the heater on.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb