Arrested Development Among Grizzlies ?


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.818, -110.706

Decided to do a kinda early game drive. Were on the road around 7:20 and saw people pulled over in the area between the dam and the junction right near the area where there are cones and signs telling you no stopping.

We pulled over and could not see anything but talked to some people who said there were grizzly young out there. We got ourselves turned around, cruising slowly and then, wait there is one, then another. We got pulled over and started watching them. They did seem to us to be awful large to be cubs but we were not sure.

They had disappeared at one point and then back into view and suddenly a third bear appears! The third bear kept raising up on its haunches and looking around. So interesting.

Robert talked to some "bear watchers" who said the mother had been killed the year before and the three cubs had stayed together. Don't know much about bear behavior so don't know is this is common or unusual or will they stay together.

Spent the rest of the day in Jackson checking with the post office, getting haircuts, groceries and blogging at our favorite, Boheme.

On the way home we got to see a large bull moose hanging out in the shade on the edge of the Snake, ruminating as the tourists came and went taking pictures and being very happy at the sighting of a moose. We also saw a large bull elk in the sage near the Jenny Lake turnoff.
Back to our campsite where we hung out until the mosquitoes drove us inside. Mosquitoes here is something we are not used to. I guess because it has been wet here this season, there is a bloom going on.



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

One stands up on his hind legs and looks at usOne stands up on his hind legs and looks at us
One stands up on his hind legs and looks at us

Is it another Griz, or a black bear?


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb