Buffalo Bill, Sundance Kid, Indians & Other stuff!!!


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Buffalo Bills Dam We came across the dam in the early evening. Alas, it was too late for the tour of the visitors centre. After a quick look around we headed onwards to pastures new, in the hopes of finding somewhere to stay for the night. Unfortunately we couldn't find anywhere and had to pull into the side of the road. Our trusty sleeping bags came in handy, yet again!!! Next morning, we h... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Sundance & Skim..Sundance & Skim..
Sundance & Skim..

The county museum has some interesting memorabilia highlighting the celebrated outlaw's career.
Sundance MuseumSundance Museum
Sundance Museum

How the pioneers used to live.
Actual wanted posters...Actual wanted posters...
Actual wanted posters...

Where the Sundance Kid served 18 months in jail for stealing a [b]slow horse[/b]!!!
SwitchesSwitches
Switches

Punishment for children
Cowboys Gear.. Cowboys Gear..
Cowboys Gear..

Always the most important necessity of his well being and lively hood..
A Very Effective Trap!A Very Effective Trap!
A Very Effective Trap!

Plains Indian groups stampeded bison over the rim and into a deep natural "sink hole" at the site which is now called the Vore Buffalo Jump. It was one of the most effective means available to the Indians to procure the buffalo which were their primary food and the source of many other materials used in their cultures.
It is believed that up to 20,000 of the shaggy bison were trapped at this one location. It is believed that up to 20,000 of the shaggy bison were trapped at this one location.
It is believed that up to 20,000 of the shaggy bison were trapped at this one location.

While there were undoubtedly many other buffalo jumps scattered throughout the Plains,.
The Vore site has several unique properties...The Vore site has several unique properties...
The Vore site has several unique properties...

Along with the massive bone beds, they also found arrow tips that were used to kill off the injured buffalo.
South Dakota..South Dakota..
South Dakota..

Rushmore country...



23rd December 2009

want to know more..
i would like to know more about the meanings of the different feathers and what the repersent..if you could give me info. about it or help me find another place to find out more i would very much like that. thank you for your time.

Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 93; dbt: 0.1115s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb