The countdown to Max and Jill's Big Adventure


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Wauwatosa
June 16th 2018
Published: June 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

It's (almost) happening!

Though you'd hardly know it. Our Golden Chariot, Max's 1960 Corvette, is still in the shop with missing parts, no seats, and other stuff waiting to be fixed/installed/upgraded. But the guys at Fast Times promise it will be ready to be shipped to Portland by the time we arrive. Still, we are nearly beside ourselves with anticipation. Next to getting married and raising an infant, this is our biggest adventure yet, and we couldn't be more excited.

We're boarding the Empire Builder in a few weeks and heading across the top of the USA to Portland, OR.

First stop (after getting the car) will be to visit Ned Maxwell III, much-loved son / stepson, and his wife Linda whom I am eager to meet. We'll engage in family bonding, see the sights, eat great food, and I hope we'll visit Amos Leager's folks Tia and Ned. Three days there, then we head into the world. I feel very much like the couple in Lost in America although we are too woke to say "I want to touch Indians." I want to touch trees and water and mountain sides and the shutter release and mostly my beloved's hand on the steering wheel as we meander back across the county. AAA has provided a route that keeps us off of Interstates. I cannot even imagine what all we will see and do. We are not big planners, so we will feel our way through the days, stopping and going when and where we want.

Stay tuned. It's about to get fun.

MnJ


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb