Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park (Caledonia, Wisconsin - Milwaukee area)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Milwaukee
November 7th 2012
Published: November 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park was the midpoint of our trip - our turn around point, but for the little boys, it was the highlight! and for them, the grand climax, since they went home to Michigan after.

The heat was UNbearable - crazy hot! Heat advisories in effect - apparently, this particular road trip was through a record-breaking heatwave. Yay, us.

Thanks to that, we didn't get to do some of the things I wanted to do in Milwaukee - first and foremost - skipping down Knapp Street, chanting "one two three four five six seven eight! Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!'"


I had convinced Shannan to dress up as Laverne (a if she needed "convincing") but Peter and Richard absolutely refused to dress up like Lenny and Squiggy.
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074016/) In the end, it didn't matter, since temperatures were between 102 and 103 degrees Fahrenheit (38.9 and 39.4 degrees Celsius)!

Good thing we had a few days at Jellystone Park (http://www.jellystone-caledonia.com/)- which had Cindy's Ice cream Shoppe, Yogi Bear's Water Zone, mini golf and outdoor movie theater. (Also, we had air conditioning in our Airstream AND a mist-er outside.)



The Park is great - at check-in, you receive a security pass and the gate is locked so nobody else can come in. This is really good, considering there are children EVERYWHERE! Everywhere! But with enough activities, by the time they get to the "residential" area, they are exhausted, quiet, and ready for their naps!

And, it's a campground that adults can find things to do - Peter even spent an evening fishing at Boo Boo's pond.

Besides, who doesn't love Yogi Bear and Boo Boo?



Next, we are going on a tour around the area to some of the local (and air conditioned) sites. See you Sunday!




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb