Rihla #8


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Milwaukee
November 6th 2011
Published: November 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Baths and bath rituals of the Romans

Bathing was a very common daily activity in Rome during ancient times, and all social classes engaged in this activity. Bathing in Rome was a communal activity. But the rich could afford have a bath built in there homes, they still went to the public baths. People used the baths for socializing, making business deals, courtship, relaxing, and many other things. The public baths were like spas, and they were called Thermea. The thermeas were owned by the state and anyone could go in them. They had food, and sports/ exercise going on. They had three rooms, the apodyterium were they changed. The gymnasium were they worked out and got oiled up be for the frigidarium( the cooling room). The next room would be the Tepidarium the baths, and last the Caldarium, it was like a steam room.

The things they did at the baths are some of the same things we do now days but private. Sometime do have these same facilities but they are divided by gender. But all in all, i like the way their bathing system was set up. Just like the romans i use steam rooms, hot tubes, and all those othe great thing after a workout.



Advertisement



9th November 2011

I believe.
In my opinion you did a very good job with explaining in great detail.
9th November 2011

Comment 1 rihla 8
nice presentation. Very desciptive and confident in what you were saying. It was a good idea to put a picture so we can have a visual.
9th November 2011

It was good said everything right. Didn't leave anything out I did this one too
9th November 2011

RIHLA#8
I think your RIHLA was very interesting. They way you explained things really grabbed people's attention. The image was also a good example.
9th November 2011

a2 Rihla
He knew his information well, and did a god job of saying it. He spoke clearly and he he addresed the audience.
9th November 2011

rihla 8
really good information. It was intresting
9th November 2011

good job
You presented good ideas and it was very informative
9th November 2011

Good job
great job Marshawn I really enjoyed your presentation. I like how you also had background information on where they got the idea of what they did.
9th November 2011

RIHLA 8
Good job I liked how you really knew what you were talking about. I feel like I understand the Roman tradition of going to the baths a lot more now. Thank You.
9th November 2011

Rihila #8
you snap bro (pyles advisory). everything was good and your presentation was the one that I really liked the most out of all the rihilas we have had. somethings that you could do better is make more eye contact and don't keep your audience in silence because it make it seam that you didn't prepare.

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb