Day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Madison
July 16th 2008
Published: July 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

One day down, 3 more til we get to Glacier National Park. We made it to Madison, Wisconsin at about 9:40 local time. We've decided to see as many major college campuses as we can along the way. Our first stop was University of Illinios in Champaign. We snuck into Memorial Stadium (football) that was unlocked due to construction. Rachel and Emma were convinced we'd be thrown in the clink for tresspassing. It was a cool stadium, but smaller than we thought it would be. However, Assembly Hall (basketball arena) was huge. So far, the biggest attraction in Wisconsin is us...since the zillions of bugs love us!

Shawn did a great job driving through lots of construction. So far, he is winning the license plate game with 16 states already. Amy is in second with 4, Emma has 1, and Rachel has 1 ("Oranto", otherwise known as Ontario). I guess we girls weren't paying much attention to the road!

We're loving the Garmin (thanks Harry!) and decided we need to give "the girl" a name. Shawn thinks we should call her Amy since she's always right, or thinks she is. I can't say I disagree! We'll try to update again tomorrow. ---Amy


Emma's Thoughts on Day 1:
when we left, mike, grandma and grandpa starkey came over to say good-bye. we drove forever. i watched school of rock and shrek. the only bad thing is that dad kept on interupting me to put his initals down on the license plate game paper. 9 hours seemed like a long time. i felt like we were never going to get there. we finnaly got here though!!!!
the sad thing is that we have to do this again tommrow:-( but this time we will be one day closer to glaicer:-) <3


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



16th July 2008

Emma's Comments
I love Emma's comments!
16th July 2008

heading in the right direction
Hang in there Emma, the l..o..n..g... ride is worth it. You will be so happy and excited when you get to Glacier Park. Nasty bugs will soon disappear, but who know what might be in store at the next stop. Keep the blog coming.
18th July 2008

On the Road?
We hope you get your car back today and are on the road once again. Cincy weather is very hot and humid. The cats miss the girls, mom tried to pet the older cat and to show her appreciation she almost nailed mom with her teeth.

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb