Hudson, Wisconsin


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Hudson
September 27th 2023
Published: October 30th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Mary Tyler Moore statueMary Tyler Moore statueMary Tyler Moore statue

The Mary Tyler Moore statue in downtown Minneapolis honors the character who turned the world on with her smile. The statue captures the iconic moment Mary throws her tam in the air during the opening credits of the 1970s hit TV Show.
We enjoyed out time in Hudson! We "moochdocked" on Family's driveway; thank you Adam & Jessica! May be one of the quietest places we have stayed and beautiful with lots of trees and privacy. Mike's sister Tamara was visiting them part of the time we were there. She was our tour guide to explore Stillwater, MN a charming river town across the St. Croix River from Hudson. We strolled the main street checking out the gift shops, bookstore, antique shops, and samples some ice cream. While visiting we had a driving tour of the twin cities, Minneapolis and St. Paul. Jessica was great to show us the sights. We stopped in to see Adam at work and had lunch from a food cart in the skyway. So awesome to have the elevated walkway to connect buildings downtown. Mike and I enjoyed walking in downtown Hudson, stopping in some of the shops and walking by the St Croix River. We enjoyed watching our great niece and nephew play soccer. Then we were treated to a Minneapolis United FC soccer game against the San Jose Earthquakes. The game ended up tied 1:1, but it was so much fun! Still so many things we did not do in the area, we will have to return!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Minneapolis Sculpture GardenMinneapolis Sculpture Garden
Minneapolis Sculpture Garden

There are 11 landscaped acres showcasing more than 40 outdoor artworks. This is Spoon Bridge and the Cherry Sculpture.
Minneapolis Sculpture GardenMinneapolis Sculpture Garden
Minneapolis Sculpture Garden

Hahn/Cock Sculpture


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb